This recipe contains pre-made dough for biscuits, and Parmesan from the little green can. I'm taking lots of shortcuts lately. Normally I would be ashamed. Not today my friends, not today! These are so delicious warm from the oven, and they take 15 minutes or less to make!
I'm still on my comfort foods craving kick, and last night my mind was filled with the memory of big plates of my grandmothers spaghetti. I'm also still on a "this meal is not complete without crafty little sides" kick, so my mind next wandered to a post I saved for garlic knots. The mister loooves garlic. And I love when the mister loves his dinner!
Easy Peasy Garlic Parmesan Knots
(adapted from Real Mom Kitchen)
Makes 8 Knots
- 1 16oz tube buttermilk biscuits
- 3 Tbsp butter (salted or unsalted)
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the biscuits and roll into long ropes, about 12" long (You can eyeball this, I didn't measure mine at all). Don't bother with a rolling pin, pretend you're in kindergarten again, rolling Play-Doh snakes in between your palms!
- Tie the ropes into knots and tuck the ends underneath. (I forgot the tuck-under step, as you can see in the photos.)
- Bake for 12 minutes. Keep an eye on them and remove when the tops are golden brown. Depending on your oven this could take more or less time.
- While they still have about a minute or so left in the oven, melt butter in a small microwaveable dish. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Brush warm knots with the butter mixture and do your best to resist the urge to stand over the counter eating every, last, one.