Wednesday, May 30

Whoops! Still here, still baking!

Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know I didn't start up and then go ka-put three posts later. Mister and I went on a trip up to visit my family in Connecticut, where he was accepted into Fairfield University! Joy! Fanfare! Applause! But really, I am extremely proud of him and can't wait to be back near my hometown.

I planned on baking some different apple cake and apple brownie recipes while I was there but it was unexpectedly busy so those will have to wait. I did, however, make my grandmothers super secret (only not really secret) delicious pumpkin pie the other day and will have that recipe up and posted for you soon.
Look at this, we've been in a blog relationship for under two weeks and you're already viewing the family recipe box (;

While you wait, here are some fantastic posts from some of my favorite blogs that I can't wait to try:



1. Pink Lemonade by US Masala. I think we can all agree summer is pretty much here, and this adorable icy treat looks like it would be perfect for a BBQ at the beach. I've never had pink lemonade but I really look forward to trying this recipe for when I'm next heading out to the coastline.

2. No Bake Strawberry Milk Cheesecake from SprinkleBakes. Anyone else see this recent post? Anyone else completely in love with how pink and sprinkle-y it is? Can't be just me. The no-bake part is my favorite. Second to the jimmies, of course.

3.Gumdrop Fish & Crab Cupcake Toppers from The Decorated Cookie. Oh sweet heavens, my nautical soul can't get enough of these.

4. Snow Cone Cupcakes by Bakerella. Oh the ever inventive Bakerella. I plan on trying these out for Fourth of July, and I have a feeling it will be glorious.

5. Daffodil Cake/Cupcake Tutorial from I Am Baker. She has a rose cake tutorial that is very well known for good reason, but I want to shed light on this recent gem because variety never hurts and it has it's own beautiful floral touch.

6. Cameo Cookies from LilaLoa. THESE ARE COOKIES, GUYS. COOKIES. This isn't an in depth how-to but she does explain how she went about it.


Hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful week! A new post should be up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment